Local GP practices are working together to offer patients better access to GP appointments in Surrey Heath. As well as some local GP practices offering in-house extended hours for their patients, Surrey Heath Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has commissioned providers to offer a range of additional appointments with our local GPs, Nurses and Health Care assistants, providing greater appointment availability and flexibility for people.
The service commissioned by the CCG means that people living in Surrey Heath can access additional appointments outside of normal practice hours, including some at weekends and during bank holidays. People must be registered with a GP surgery locally to qualify, and appointments can only be made in advance through their own GP practices. Please note the service cannot accept walk-in patients.
If urgent care is required, please call NHS111 for advice.
Additional weekend appointments will be available at designated practices throughout Surrey Heath. The location will alternate each week – further information can be found below. Sunday appointments will be hosted at North Hampshire Urgent Care centre at Frimley Park Hospital.
• Saturday 6th October – Park Road Surgery, Camberley
• Saturday 13th October – Park House Surgery, Bagshot
• Saturday 20th October – Frimley Green Medical Centre, Frimley
• Saturday 27th October – Upper Gordon Road Surgery, Camberley
• Saturday 3rd November – Lightwater Surgery, Camberley
• Saturday 10th November – Station Road Surgery Frimley
• Saturday 17th November – Camberley Health Centre, Camberley
• Saturday 24th November – Park Road Surgery, Camberley
• Saturday 1st December – Park House Surgery, Bagshot
• Saturday 8th December – Frimley Green Medical Centre, Frimley
• Saturday 15th December – Upper Gordon Road Surgery, Camberley
• Saturday 22nd December – Lightwater Surgery, Camberley
• Saturday 29th December – Station Road Surgery Frimley
• Saturday 5th January – Camberley Health Centre, Camberley
The appointments are for routine general practice issues only and not for emergency care. Patients will be reminded of the location of their appointment at the time of making a booking.
To arrange an appointment, speak to your practice receptionist. Alternatively, the telephone number for booking on a Saturday (for on the day appointments) is 07545865679. Please note this will not be in use any other day.
• What is changing?
Additional pre-bookable and same day appointments will be available on Saturdays and Sundays. The 7 main Surrey Heath practices will rotate in hosting the Saturday clinic, and Sunday appointments will take place at the North Hampshire Urgent Care centre in Frimley. Providing you’re registered with one of the Surrey Heath practices you’ll be eligible for this service.
• How can I access the new service?
You can access the new service by calling your practice to pre-book weekend appointments.
• How do I know where my Saturday appointment will be?
You will be notified of the location whilst booking your Saturday appointment. All Sunday appointments will be held at the North Hampshire Urgent Care centre in Frimley
• What if I can’t get an appointment?
These appointments are on a first come first served basis. If no appointments are available, please contact your practice to book the next available slot.